6.12.2012

..." to live."



"...and I am the least of these" she said
as she walked from the doorway
to the bottom of the stairs.

"...and I have no forethought in all of this mess
this fickle thing,"
and all was filth
what she perceived.

"...am I to think that time 
is punishments
and the waves of the sea
move time
like judgement?"
she pondered as her foot 
tapped lightly,
weakly on the
tongue-and-groove floor
fresh from last years 
tax return.

"...I had forgotten."
simply.
with a precision that cut sharper than
any knife.

"...I had forgotten."
over and over and over
the same 3 words.
but the last was more fraught
with emotion...

"to live." 

-Elena McCoy original poetry



4 comments:

Siri Elaine said...

I love this post! Your blog is so great! I am following you!
XX SIRI ELAINE
www.sirielaine.com

Vivian said...

You are so gifted. LOVE it!

JackieShoemaker said...

Very nice. I love the picture you've chosen to go with this beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

Hi from your newest follower...I found you through The Floyd Boys. I absolutely love your poetry. You truly have a way with words...I love reading things that inspire me to write again. (I had a book of poetry published when I was 17 -- feels like another lifetime ago, haha!) You have a beautiful blog and I can't wait to read more!