9.18.2011

Moment in the Race...


... and what I have is this;
a moment in the race.
a breathe in a hurricane
when you stop and look at me.
... and what I find is this;
time looks so infinite through your eyes
and love is what you know.
Time stop, please, just steady cease,
this little boy nearly a man will too soon be.
Let him play a little longer, and in my arms for comfort
let him run.
I hold on to this gift before it's gone.
Oh childhood, sweet, pure thing.
A treasure in itself, help me not to overlook.
Tiny kisses, sheepish smiles, hugs to hold the whole world over
are more than enough to satisfy.

-original poetry by Elena McCoy


 
 
Sunday Snapshot
 
 

8 comments:

MommyMandi said...

Beautiful picture and I love the poem. Children are God's greatest blessing. I never knew how to love so much until I had my baby girl.

Kim said...

beautiful!

lisaplus6 said...

beautiful. in every way.... touching and sincere....

cheryl said...

such a beautiful poem and photography. your blog is lovely!

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful words and beautiful photo

rebecca said...

So touching Elena. Thank you for the beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy gifts of everyday. :)

naila said...

CLASSIC! AND THANKS FOR THE TEARS! HAHA BUT SO LOVELY :)

NAILA