7.20.2011

From Scratch: Muffin Recipe of the Century...

'Member that conversation we had yesterday about recipes? Well, here I am, as promised, with that wonderful deliciousness! The other day I was flipping through my recipe folder and happened on one that kinda caught my eye. This was a baking recipe and you all know how much I love baking, so I was pretty sold from the beginning on this one. The recipe is Fig's Cheese Muffins from the pioneer woman ( love her!!!)

Let me just forewarn you all... this is just as fattening as it looks (sounds)... so if you are worried about that kinda thing...step away from the computer.No really. Step away.
This was the most cheesiest (love my English), filling, tastiest, melt-in-your-mouth-and-curl-up-and-die-from-the-calories treat I have had in a long time. Come on you guys, I'm from North Carolina... give me a little "country" break here.... it does come out every now and again. Briefly. Like a one-light town, blink and its gone...Blink. See?

Ok... moving right along.

Here's what my nugget of Heaven looked like (I actually made 12 nuggets of heaven with this recipe...you can too!):


....yeah...I knowwwwww...right!

For those of you who don't want to just follow the link to the original recipe....here ya go!

Fig's Cheese Muffins


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese (I just used cheddar)
1 cup milk
1 egg
3/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter


In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
Next stir in all three cups of cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk and butter together. When mixed thoroughly, pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Baked in a greased muffin tin in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.


Now, gooooo try it!

Hope you're all having a lovely week so far... I am excited to be having a cooking party with my friend Celeste tomorrow!!! She has been out of the country for a while and is finally back in town!!! Oh, and I have to get ready for traveling this weekend! Yay! Have I mentioned how much I loathe packing.... or should I say packing for the kids. I love packing for myself but I have to pack the entire kitchen sink for the kiddos it seems lol... I know, I know... I'm complaining... but it will be nice to see family and friends in NC and then off to Virginia we go for a week!!! Mom, if you're reading this... the pictures are prepared and ready...just remind me to actually put them on your computer when I get there lol... I totally don't put it past me to forget!

What have you been cooking up lately? Any yummy recipes I should know about? Dish it. Pun intended ;) I'm a comic. Didn't you know?


No comments: