3.27.2011

If He Could Say It....


If He Could Say It

I went out to the field, momma.
I thought about getting something you would like.
I got no money,
I got no job.
After all, I'm just a little tyke.
Got chased by the dog on my way to the field.
Tripped on a hole in the drive as I did.
Got mud on my jeans and my shoes are all scuffed.
I did it 'cause I love you so much.

I found in the field: A few rocks, and a stick,
a flower, some grass and dried straw.
I gathered it up
and now, "Here ya go."
'Cause you're my most favorite of all.
(besides daddy)
(and brother)
(and trains)
(and the Fresh Beat Band)

- Elena McCoy







2 comments:

Dearest Lou said...

so precious! if you like my blog and if you have time you should follow me back!
xoxo
http://missprettypeacock.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi! Michele from Stories at my fingertips here! So glad that you came by and left a "Hello!". I really adore the color scheme of your blog. Your babies are SOOOOO cute! Excited to get to know you better and thank you for being a sweet heart. :)