4.01.2010

Chaos and Creations

As I have just sat down to type, I am accompanied by my trusty cup of coffee straight from my favorite mug and and warm, straight-from-the-oven slice of homemade bread. Mmmmmmm....if that is not some positive motivation for snuggling up on the sofa to type a little, I don't know what else could do it. Quite like the title reads, it has been somewhat chaotic at our little home. Since last Tuesday we have been graced with company from all over. My grandmother and her husband came from Texas for a week visit, during which she made her blessed homemade arros con pollo and which I got the recipe for (Score!). My sister-in-law also popped in on her spring break, from the mountains, to come by for about a day and it was so nice to catch up with her as well. That being said, my cookery, createry (I believe I just created that word) and cleaning routine has been quite irratic to say the least.

Not until yesterday did I have a sense that things were finally starting to get back in order. I did a little cleaning and cooked dinner and while my little one slept I was able to make a cute little hair piece that was inspired by a friend of mine. I will have to post a pic of it soon.

I was also able to do a little Easter shopping! This year is so exciting for us because Luca is old enough for his very first Easter Egg Hunt!! So yesterday we loaded up and drove to the store to find accessories to fill his first Easter basket and, of course, to get the infamous Easter Eggs!

Today was very productive as well! May I just pause to reflect on the beautiful weather we had today! Luca and I went outside for a little while we played with the plants and some random sticks that had fallen from the trees with the recent winds. We also played with the new tire swing that my husband made for Luca.

I guess by now it is obvious that I do most of my crafting/creating during my little ones naptimes. Well, today was no different, I was able to make a little wallet/clutch from some fat quarter materials that I have been meaning to find a project for. Though it is not quite finished, I promise to put a pic up soon showing the final project.

While My grandmother was here, my mom had the family over for dinner (meaning she did all the cooking) and I snagged a couple of pics of the spread:




We had BBQ chicken and porkchops cooked on the grill, fresh (from the garden) collards, a sweet potatoe recipe my mom has that uses lemon zest, and fresh biscuits. We were all overly filled by the time dinner was over, but it was great!

I have had a couple of days here and there to go thrifting and I have found some amazing pieces! I am so excited to share them, but I will have to leave you in suspense until ater. However, I do have pics of my ultimate great finds, so there will be lots to see and read about soon!
<3 Elena

No comments: