9.30.2012

...the sparrow


"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them
falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs on your 
head are numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31

Fathom that will you?
...that in your smallest, darkest moment...
when you feel so obsolete and unimportant
...the most alone....
that there is God...
and He knows everything about you and I
and is there alongside us
when we most need it.
He is even present for the smallest of these
...even a sparrow...

...and when I have nothing to say...
and when my mind draws a blank
or even when it flows with thought...
this one concept...this passage
can floor me to humility.

* I have been silent for a while... staying busy, refocusing, living... I have loved this season
but missed also, my little space for thoughts and writing...I think the fall weather has brought back
my love for this space and I hope to rekindle it again.... Cool weather always reminds me 
to write, to read, to create...to hibernate and re-energize from a long and lively summer.
There is a season for it all, indeed.

2 comments:

Claudia Almandoz Gerbolini said...

beautiful. you bring me bits of peace, today Monday, when we have lost someone we love and I look inside for silence and comfort. thankyou friend,
clau

Nina said...

Deep and encouraging thoughts embodied in beautiful and authentic words - Thank you!