8.29.2012

...with silver bells...


I love growing things.
Before we moved from NC, I spent
my entire summer working on our garden
...it was huge and we fed the neighborhood, family
and friends with our crop.
That hasn't been so long ago really
but today it felt like a lifetime away
...a dream.

I am grateful that our new home
has a large enough yard to grow...
and I am already making preparations 
for a garden next year...
much smaller, more urban-esque...
more suited to our surroundings
but my excitement is almost edible.

My favorite thing about this home 
(besides the yard that is)
is our back patio...
it's a mini-oasis
and I have turned it into
my "substitute" garden
for the time being
...I even tried my hand at herbs
since it fits well in smaller
areas and I have the greatest joy
going out there to pluck basil or parsley
for dinner.

Since I haven't really documented on here
all of my little plants
(... If you follow me on ig you have
probably seen them...)
I thought I would snap a few of
them to share with you all.

Have you ever planted a garden? What did you grow?
I would love to hear (and even see) all about it if you'd like
to share!

Happy Wednesday dear friends.




4 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

I love your photos. I killed my basil somehow - yours looks gorgeous!

We have two tiny raised beds at the end of our condos shared driveway. I dream of a big garden.

MY Creative Brightside said...

I LOVE your photo's they are so beautiful!! Your blog is so awesome the design down to the content <3

Steph at http://mycreativebrightside.blogspot.com

Slide Jumping Castle said...

I was very pleased to seek out this net-site.I wanted to thanks on your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely enjoying every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

Claudia Almandoz Gerbolini said...

my friend, I must say you´ve got the cutest feet ever!
xx
clau