1.05.2012

I Love Thursday: The Special Things




You all made my day with your sweet comments on my last post. Sometimes it is really difficult to hit
the publish button after typing up a post that is personal, emotional and raw. As a blogger, you never really know how your feelings and thoughts will be received, so I thank you all for being so kind...
though, you all are always so very kind.

This week, I thought I would do something a little different for I ♥ Thursday.
There are so many beautiful things to see and "pin" ( for you pinterest addicts like me)
that I thought I would step back and admire some of the things I have been loving
this week, that are closest to me...in my own home.
Hope you enjoy it!

 this little, solitary, peach-colored rose ( nearly the same as the ones in our wedding).
I sent the Mr. an "I love you email".... & this is what he presented me with at the door, when he came home from work.... ♥


 My parents touched my heart with this Christmas gift. Truly one of my most treasured items. This camera was my grandparents.My dad, tells me he has pictures of himself as a boy that were taken from this very camera. Be still my heart. I smile every time I walk by it.


 ...that Mr. of mine... gave me a get well card this week.... how sweet is that?!?! Poor thing, was just as sick as I was, but he went out of his way to show me he was thinking of me still!
Have I said I blessed I am?


...Thrifting trip with my parents during the holiday break... I scored this little vintage chalkboard (the back side is all slate!) for $1...uhuh...and it is the perfect pop of color for the blue walls Luca has in his bedroom... how cute is this!?!?!
I am so glad I was able to go out with my dad to our favorite "junk shops" ( as he calls them)... it was kind of "our thing" to do together ,when we lived down the road from them last year. I have missed that so much, and I'm glad we made time for it!

How about you? What are some things you have been cherishing in your own home?
Kind thoughts/gestures, a new recipe, a decorating change? I wanna hear about it! 


No comments: