10.25.2011

The kind of chair you'd smoke a cigar in....


today was one of those days where I could have just curled up in this big chair and read the day away...
I would have loved that.
Save for a few solitary quiet moments during nap time, there was really no chance to do that.
That's really ok, in the grand scheme of things...
Yes, it is true that time for myself is minimal at best, but I have to remember that
these sweet kiddos of mine need me, a lot more than anyone else.
Though time for myself is important too, I have had plenty of years for myself, yes?!

Being present and purposeful in their lives right now is my hope, my ambition...
because we will all benefit from it in the end...

Oh, and this doll of a chair?! Thought, you'd never ask...
This king is one of my recent thrifting scores!
I call him "Chap"
...kinda fits him I think.
Anyway, I bought him for the library/office so I could curl up on rare occasion ( and night time) and read. When I started my hunt for such a chair, I was shocked at some of the prices...
not that I should have been, but that they expected me to pay it...me...me!
Haha... $300 for a chair? It better give me a hug and tell me I'm awesome every time I sit down...or even walk by. A sofa, ok...but a chair mehhhh....nope.
Chap was on the cheap $65 clean and practical dollars... and I appreciated that.
Who'm I kidding...I ran outta that shop like I won the lotto... and wasn't even shy about it.
Then, I crammed him into my trunk and hauled boogie ( like that red neck reference huh) in case there was a catch. We're talking real leather...original, real leather...
and all original hardware...and no tears!!!

He's the kind of chair you almost need to hold a cigar to sit in...
but I don't own any cigars...
nor would I look very good holding one.

Here's to Chap!

...and sweet reminders.... my children are my greatest teachers...

Do you have a favorite chair you like to read in?

Happy Tuesday friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So stylish! I love your new chair! BTW, I have always been a devouted shopper of 'wing chairs'. Actually, I bought another one while I was in Houston in August. I love the 'look'. You did well dear! :) Enjooooy it often!