10.22.2011

DIY: Picture Project

Luca loves to have pictures all over his room...even before we moved into the new house. I absolutely don't mind so I encourage his creativity any way I can.

When I was trying to decide what to hang on his walls ( I am almost ready for the reveal by the way) I wanted to try something fun and creative...outside of the ordinary frame. I had a couple of these weave baskets given to me by the Mr.'s grandmother and wanted to find a way to use them... perfect solution!

 here's the finished product




This was a super easy project! All you need to do is spray paint the basket ( if you so desire) string the wire ( I used thin jewelry wire) or fishing line through the holes in the basket securing them on each side with a tight knot. Then I took my Instax-mini photos that I selected and paper-clipped them to the wire. That's all! The only other thing you need to do is tack the basket onto the wall...you can do this with a small finishing/hanging nail or even a tack ( depending on the thickness of your basket).

I love how it turned out...and I love that I could create a fun way to display pics with things I had lying around the house...I spent $0 on this project ( I already had the spray paint and everything).

What are some fun ways you have either displayed or seen pictures displayed?

fortheloveofblogs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the blog hop (although late) and following you thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great week!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com