8.10.2011

An Experience...South of the Border

Anytime we travel through the Border between SC and NC on I-95 we always point out the "big hat" to Luca...he freaks out and we wave as we leave it in the wind....
I had always heard it was an "interesting" place to say the least, but never stopped there myself to find out....


Well, that is, until our VA trip....




 
A very car-sick ridden Luca made it a point to have to go potty right when the big hat became most visible...yay....

The look on the Mr.'s face was priceless... "ummmm... whatawe do?" was his general response....

Well, heck, you only live once right?!!?

Luca begged to ride to the top of the big hat...but that's where we drew the line lol....

We looked around a bit and then took a much needed toddler bathroom break...but I have to make a side-note here...this bathroom was like none other I have ever visited...by far the worst, most disgusting, unclean place I have ever been in...but I say this with all humor and good natured-ness possible...because, really what would you expect? hmmm??? yeah, exactly....

and the kid didn't seem the worse for wear...he was all smiles as usual....



....though the Mr. thought he might have caught a serious disease from his bathroom visit....guess it was just as gross as our encounter....I let you all know if its fatal :)

Any crazy bad bathroom encounters you have had in your travels???

Happy Wednesday to you all....It has been kinda crazy around these parts...but when isn't it crazy?!?! We have some really awesomely exciting things happening and I am cannot wait to share it with you all!!!!!! I know, I know, you hate me for making you all wait...well sorry...but you'll be glad you did... :)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

ahhh i so want to go there!

Claudia Almandoz Gerbolini said...

Jeese!!!! I´m from PerĂº, live in Mexico and have had the opportunity to travel a bit throughout both my adored countries.... so I guess I´ve had more than my fare share of nightmarish-twilight zoneish bathrooms from hell. You can find the weirdest things on the walls of these bathrooms!!!! I better stop now if I want to have ant appettite left for dinner... thanks for stopping by to visit! Clau
http://handmadeconamor.blogspot.com