2.13.2011

54 + 1 years....

My dad's birthday was this week so my family got together this weekend to celebrate. My mom made her amazing lasagna, salad, biscuits and fruit....I made a loaf of homemade bread...and we chowed in celebration of another awesome year with my dad!

 It was somewhat bittersweet, in one aspect, to see an empty spot at the table where my grandmother would sit. Every year almost without fail she would be right there, celebrating right along with us....I can't imagine how hard it is for my dad.



Instead of cake, my mom made my dad's favorite dessert called yumm-yumm...it has graham cracker crust with strawberry filling and cool whip topping...(I don't obviously know the exact recipe but I think I pretty much summed it up anyway lol) ...she didn't actually have 55 candles to top the dessert nor did she have 2 # 5 candles.....so she improvised...she put a 5candle a 4candle and a 1candle on top....because 54+1=55...right...are ya with me?!?!?! ahahahah but it totally looked like 541 and sadly I do not know anyone who has reached that lovely old age....we got a nice laugh out of it anyway...


...Luca helped grandpa blow out the candles!

...extra play time with the birdie birdie ♥....this was right after Canaan spewed his dinner all over the birthday boy....gifts come in all shapes and sizes....
Love you dad! You are the greatest dad ever....and I hope this birthday was special ♥

...and we had so much fun....we were absolutely party- pooped...for reallllll....





Posted by Picasa

No comments: