4.22.2010

Can it be tomorrow now?

Today has been quite a precarious affair. Sometimes that's just the way it is....stress gets to me sometimes I'm afraid, and I'm not proud of it. I was loaded with sewing projects that MUST be done before the weekend, the housework gawking at me from every corner and a certain special little boy who deserved more time than I could give to him today. I know it happens....but I don't like when it does. It wasn't all bad though, I had moments here and there that brought me back to life and made me smile. Watching Luca drive his dump truck around the yard, listen to his tender request for "more bubbles, momma" or "bubbas" as he calls them, and this:
Mmmm...rapid morning
greets me here,
With eyes not ready to begin.
Wayward night abandons dreams
leaving me to rise and face it.
Breathe its scents and taste its flavors.
Hope that all good graces favor me
when my pillow leaves my side.

Remember how I gushed over my new clothes line in one of my previous posts? Well, it has been so handy! I am still in love with it. However, as we have a stackable washer/dryer now, that we had to purchase when we moved, I have yet to get the hang of the thing, and continuously forget that it cannot hold as much weight as my old washer. So, yes I overloaded the blasted thing, AGAIN, and had to trail dripping towels into the bathroom sink in order to get the washer, swishing (or what.ev.er you call it) again. Hey, I never claimed I had it all together, I just hope it makes SOMEBODY giggle...the way it is making me as I relive the stupidity of it.

My debacle (+) proof

But everything was made much better by my accidently hitting a home run on dinner tonight! Oh yes, it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and I would have taken a picture of it for viewing pleasure, but it was eaten before I could even blink much less grab my camera-That's how you know it was good (hehe). I cooked bottom round steaks (for the first time) with onions, tomatoes, paprika, s&p, and soy sauce for about an hour, covered, and as Emeril would say, BAM! it was magic....and sooo totally an accident I am afraid to ever replicate it again for fear of failure.

 Here's a tid bit about me:

I LOVE TO READ

in case you didn't know that about me.
This is true...my living room walls, purse, nightstand, and assorted other nooks are cluttered and piping with books. I am always especially happy when I read a book that blows me away, because let's face it, not every book does that. Here's what I just finished reading: Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat.
                                     

 I loved it and recommend it completely (check out B&N for the story line). Now, I have, of course, picked up a new book to read and am already excited about how it's coming along. Now I know you'll be surprised to find out that I have never, until now, read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath,
                                       
 but hey, blame it on private school I dunno. If you've read it...don't tell me what happens...if you haven't you should pick up a copy too and read it with me.


All in all, it wasn't the worst day, but it was crazy. If you're wondering why I decided to blog about it, well, sometimes it is good to be reminded that other people around you are having issues, whether big or small. I don't claim to have it all together....because I don't and if my somewhat bad, well mediocre, day can help one of you remember it's ok to overload the washer, and we aren't always super parents, that projects come up but they pass too and you CAN make your deadline-don't worry- then that makes me feel a little bit better too. I hope you all had a fantastic day...and if it was crazy like mine, Im sorry friend, it is almost tomorrow and we can greet it together. Remember to smile and your mistakes...if I didn't I would be crying all day...and take pictures of them whenever possible to show your friends haha.
 
 
<3 Elena

No comments: