3.26.2010

Sunrise

I normally begin my day rather early. At around 7 am each morning I hear little feet padding the wood floors of my son's bedroom. This is always followed by a ritual serenade of  "Momma? Momma! Momma? Dad-da?" Which always gets my husband and I giggling. So off to the kitchen we go, making eggs and toast (my little man's favorite) and usually a little fruit. The thing about fruit in the morning, for me, is that it is always so refreshing. Here is the bundle that welcomed me this morning:

                                                                                                                                                       
           and just in case you thought I was the most excellent of housekeepers:                 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  


These are the dishes I should have washed last night....but I am pleased to announce that a morning wash didn't harm these dishes a bit!

Now, I believe I promised a picture of my pasta dinner from last night. So here it is:

 
                                      


I decided to make a chicken three cheese alfredo, however, I spruced mine up a bit. I just scrounged around my refrigerator for some extra special ingredients and viola! beautiful results...and a beautiful taste...if I do say so myself. Here's the recipe or really just what I did:


I used:
  •          1/2 bag of No-Yolk extra broad noodles (but you can use any kind you like)
  •          2 medium zucchini, chopped
  •          1 med/large tomatoe 
  •           pinch of garlic (about 1/3 of a clove or a sprinkle if you used the diced kind)
  •           2 med/large boneless chicken breasts (I used extra lean cuts but other cuts are fine too)
  •           pinch of salt and pepper
  •           sprinkle of soy sauce

What I did:

       First I cut my chicken breasts into small pieces and put them into a pan to cook until it was no longer pink in the center. While the chicken was cooking I added salt and pepper and soy sauce and blended it all together so that the chicken was fully covered. As the chicken cooked, I peeled and chopped the zucchini, and the tomatoe removing all the seeds from the inside of the tomatoe, placed them into a bowl and sprinkled the garlic over it. When the chicken finished cooking I added the three cheese alfredo sauce and blended. Then I added all my veggies to the pan, stirred, covered and left it to simmer until the zucchini and tomatoe was tender- around 20 minutes.

While that was going on I had my noodles boiling in a separate pot, and for that I just followed the instructions on the bag...I basically cooked it until they were tender (to my liking).  Place it all in a bowl when its done...and EAT!

Hope you all enjoy the recipe...and that it works out as well for you as it did me! Feel free to send me a comment letting me know how it turned out, any new variations you might have tried or anything else!

<3 Elena




       


No comments: