10.20.2011

Before...and mid-way?!....

It is true I love a deal..I really do not like to pay full price for anything. Yes, I could spend a whole lot of money to make my home look nice, but why would I if I don't have to? So imagine my elation when I found a chandelier at a thrift shop for...yepppp $20 !!!!

As you can see in the below "before" picture, the fixture that was here when we bought the house was sufficient...a perfectly fine fixture, but it was a little small for the space and it was greatly overpowered by our dining table. I knew I needed to get a larger one that had some of the same dark tones as the dining set...but after a few trips to Lowe's, lighting centers, etc.. I realized that it may be a pricey venture that I would eventually take if I had to, but wasn't really willing to do right now.

The other day we decided to head to a local thrift shop and just look around... I headed to the furniture/home goods area a bam! This gem was laying there all by itself...with a pretty little tag telling me the price of my dreams! You betcha.... I ran to get a cart and grab that sucker up before somebody else beat me to it. The Mr. did a great job of hanging the new light and ( as it was missing one piece) I think it looks fantastic!

 this is the "before" picture...


and this is well, the "mid-way" picture... I still need to decorate the room...we did manage to hang some art but... I want to do a large piece of art on the back wall...and add a buffet of some sort to sit below it ... I want to get a couple more chairs for the table...etc, etc,. but I think the chandelier addition has us heading in the right direction! Oh, and that awesome clay vase on the table? yep, that was another awesome thrift find! Maybe I should do this for a living...I kind of dig it.

I cannot decide whether or not to put curtains on the bay window...I kind of hate to because it's so pretty and I don't want to cover it up... it also gives such good light. Well, there are more before and afters where that came from! Stay tuned, I'm going to be blowing this blog up with DIYs and such....

What do you think? should I leave it the way it is? Or add the curtains?

Have you been doing any weekend projects lately?

I'll be back later with I Love Thursday!

2 comments:

bonnie said...

like the fixture :) beautiful

Anonymous said...

I like the fixture too! :)