8.28.2011

My Momma will be happy to know...


...that her big guy got a haircut...and shed not a single tear...
it's.a.miracle.!

Literally folks...I have mentioned his aversion to haircuts in the past ...and I mean this has been going on since his first haircut...at yes, 6 months!

How did we do it? Oh well, we bribed him with everything under the sun...but not quite the sun...
no luck...he even hid under the dining table at one point....
So, we did what any parent of a 3 year old now does...
plopped him in front of the TV and netflixed a movie!!!
Thank you, thank you to the makers of Tangled (the movie)...
I am forever indebted...like forever.
He didn't even blink, wince, twitch, or hardly speak...
and I could hardly speak from the shock of it all...and we all know that's nearly impossible...me not speaking that is...

Which begs me to question...
Why the cucaracha did I not think of this before?!?!?!

Ah well, better late than never....I could not be prouder right now if I tried!

oh ps...all that clutter and box business in the blurry background? Well, that's what moving looks like folks...excuse the mess puh-lease!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am here from FTLOB magical monday...I am a new follower now and just cut my grandson's hair yesterday...his first one at the age of 13 months! LOL

sweet blog you have.
melody

Carolynn Cecilia said...

Some kids don't mind haircuts and others are convinced they feel the scissors slicing into them. It's so interesting how the little mind works.

bird and tree said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! First haircuts are so adorable, a little scary, and maybe a tad bit frustrating...because of the stylist lol! My baby did absolutely perfect getting his first haircut but the oldest... the one in the post... had a bad experience with an unprofessional stylist..and since then ( which was at like, 1 yr. old...his 2nd haircut) he has been super scared...soooo glad we figured out a way to conquer his fear!!!