4.18.2011

If I should sleep while trying to stay awake....


I am a walking zombie this Monday...
Some smart person (that'd be me) scheduled an 8 am dr.'s appointment for my kiddo....
and I forgot that with 2 kiddos now...getting everyone ready requires waking up a 6 am.
Um. I need a nap. like now.
Not that I really sleep late...I usually wake up at 7/7:30 but when I didn't actually go to sleep until 1 am...well, yes. I'm dumb. and very sleepy. and a danger to society if I have to drive in this condition.
I can't feel my face.
Ok that was a joke, but really.

Luca is having a lot of trouble with allergies so we went to the doctor to get a referral for an allergist...I have been struggling with this for a little bit because...already.... they want to put him on steroids. He is 2 people! I just don't see the necessity or benefit of steroids for the body..at any age let alone 2. I read a wonderful and insightful post here about holistic medicine and practices, and it makes sense to me. What better way to take care of illness than with natural remedies if possible?! I don't discredit regular practicing doctors, but some things that they encourage us to put into our bodies (I feel) many times does more harm than good...especially in the long run...
I'm not going to harp too much...I'm too sleepy and I don't want to sound like I'm intoxicated lol. I am definitely not. I am definitely considering getting a second opinion from a holistic doctor though. Have any of you dear, sweet readers dealt with any of these ideas? Even better, have any of you visited a holistic doctor, and have anything to weigh in that may help me better choose? I want to have a very balanced argument from which to make such a decision and any opinions you all may have would be very much appreciated. You all care so much, and I am so deeply grateful for all your comments on a daily basis!

Hope you aren't sleeping on the job....or the car...

Cheers (snores)!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elena,
I have not logged into your blog for a while, sorry. I've been under the weather myself. Anyways, I do not believe that steroids are the answer for Luca's allergies. Maybe a mild antihistamine should be a start and then a comprehensive thorough allergy test. As far as a Holistic doctor goes hmmm... I would not expose a 2 year old to this or for that matter anyone. Just my opinion. Hope this helps and I hope he gets better.

Love,
Aunt Olga