12.29.2010

Classics// the scented variety...




...a little secret about myself?

Well, I love old, classic, black-and-white movies....

Ever since I was a little girl, I would wake up really early and  tip toe to the living room to watch the AMC channel...and, hopefully, swoon over Dean Martin or Jimmy Stewart... Even the ladies (My all-time faves are Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Judy Garland and yes, of course, Elizabeth Taylor) were so demure, or I don't know, put together and timeless. I love everything about them: the hair the clothes, the language and all its refinery  the HATS!!! oh yes, do I ever wish women wore hats like they used too! Ahhh...and the coats...tons and tons of them.

Sadly, I don't seem to ever get the time to watch them like I used to (only on rare occasion), but I love to get the little snippet here and there of one (even if I don't get to finish it).

The other day, The Mr.'s grandmother and I were chatting and the topic of Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance came up, which sent me into a whirlwind of vintage chatter (not that White Diamonds is all that vintage- I guess if you consider 1991 vintage)....anyway, White Diamonds is one of her favorite scents, and she was commenting on how hard it is for her to find in her town. Today I was rummaging through my stash of scents and found this tucked in the very back...

...love how some things send me back in time, don't you?...

ps- it is coming your way Nana (wink)...
*(photo credit)

Happy Wednesday ♥

XoXo

No comments: